Cannon County Schools will be closed Monday, February 3rd, 2020 and Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 due to illness. “Absences of students has increased to near thirteen percent (13%) range on Friday, January 31st, 2020, however staff absences have increased dramatically to 36 staff members being absent on Friday, and we are having major difficulty finding substitutes,” stated Cannon County Director of Schools Mr. William F. Curtis on Friday, January 31st, 2020. “We hope this respite over the weekend, and the two days off, will help, and our attendance will improve next week. Cannon County Schools will be back in session on Wednesday, February 5th, 2020.”
Director Curtis continued, “Our Bright Arrow Alert message system has been activated today, to all who have signed up, and the message was sent out to recipients, local Cannon County Media were informed, and then the Nashville TV Stations. The steps to sign up to the Bright Arrow Alert System are as follows:
How to sign up for Bright Arrow Alerts:
Here are the steps:
1. Go to http://www.ccstn.net/
2. Click on RESOURCES
3. Click on Bright Arrow Self-Signup
4. Click on Register New User
5. Fill in your information – Email Address and Enter a password
6. Fill in your First Name, Last Name, Login Password, Login Password verification, Cell Phone Company, Email, and Hit Apply, OK, or Test. You will then get a Complete Page will come up depending on what you selected.
7. Now you will get the first alerts that the Director of Schools will send out regarding school closures for weather and other important Cannon County Schools information!!
8. To Unsubscribe, Simply log back in using your password and Unsubscribe!
The School District hopes this helps parents/guardians, students, grandparents, and community members understand regarding these decisions and determinations that are made regarding school closure events.