Tonight’s meeting of the County Commission has been re-scheduled for next Thursday, January 13th. The two public hearings, part of the agenda, have also been moved.
Woodbury Town Hall is closed today.
If you have a water emergency, call 615-563-2388.
Woodbury Public Works has suspended trash pickup today. Some residents may not see trucks back until Monday.
Circuit Court for today will not be in session. Today’s docket has been re-scheduled for February 4th.
Cannon County Senior Center is closed today.
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CST THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5
inches, with locally higher amounts possible.
* WHERE…Portions of Middle Tennessee.
* WHEN…Until 8 PM CST this evening.
* IMPACTS…Travel could become very difficult. Plan on hazardous
travel conditions developing this morning and continuing
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for most of Middle Tennessee
through this evening, with a Winter Weather Advisory across far
southern Middle Tennessee. Snow is expected to spread across the
area this morning and continue through the afternoon before ending,
with some sleet and freezing rain mixing with the snow across
southern Middle Tennessee. Snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches, with
higher amounts possible, are anticipated along and north of I-40.
South of I-40, a light glaze of ice along with 1 to 3 inches of snow
Hazardous travel conditions are expected to develop during the day
today and worsen tonight as temperatures drop into the teens and
single digits. Roads will likely remain hazardous Friday into
Saturday morning as temperatures stay below freezing.
Schools across Middle Tennessee are closing Thursday…
Cannon County, Coffee County, DeKalb, Rutherford, Warren and Wilson will be closed Thursday, January 6th. Middle Tennessee State University has also announced they will not have classes Thursday.
First United Methodist Church has canceled their food distribution scheduled for Thursday morning at the Arts Center.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 4 PM
* WHAT…Snow accumulations 2 to 3 inches for most areas with locally higher amounts possible. The far southern counties of the Mid State are expected to have around 1 to 2 inches of snow mixed with light accumulations of sleet and freezing rain.
* WHERE…Across Middle Tennessee.
* WHEN…From 4 AM to 4 PM CST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Precipitation is expected to develop over the southwest counties of the Mid State before daybreak Thursday, then spread across the area through the early morning hours. Precipitation will start to develop during the morning rush hour for Nashville Metro. Some freezing rain and sleet will be mixed with the snow for areas south of Interstate 40, but any mixed precipitation will change to all snow.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Listen to WBRY AM 1540 / FM 107.1 for Severe Weather Alerts a service of Shelter Insurance.